Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Re Decorating Again

I have moved on to my living room. Today I took all the furniture out of the room, washed all the trim and walls, took down the wood blinds, soaked them in the tub and then wiped them all down. I vacuumed and cleaned the windows, the air vents and fireplace. I took everything off of my mantle and dusted it and rearranged up there. I literally vacuumed the rug 4 times. I thought I was going to put the stone colored slip covers on my sectional but after doing one piece, I remembered why I have the charcoal velvet ones on there.

I bought a new sofa table for behind the sofa. The one I REALLY REALLY wanted was black but I could only get it in brown. I am trying to decide if I should just paint the current one black or take it back and hold out until I find one that is perfect. It looks really good with my glass lamp and some picture frames on it. Not to mention I won't have to worry about our guests not having anywhere to put their drinks from now on.

My next step is to get new covers for our throw pillows and a new lamp shade. The current shade has a huge stain on it. It cracks me up that Adam bought me those lamps as a house warming gift when I bought this house and then he just moved in! Luckily we have a lamp shop right around the corner with an out of this world assortment of lamp shades. I should definitely be able to find something cute.

Did I already tell you I threw out my window treatments? I am embarrassed to even tell you I bought them at Pier 1 over three years ago and had never washed them. They had these little beads on them so I was scared. Needless to say, the bottoms of them were COVERED in dust. Grossness. I am on the hunt for something new. So far the hunt is not going very well. The budget always gets in the way. When I win the lottery, I am going to have custom window treatments. Booyah!

Anyways, I'll post pictures when I get more done (and when I am not this tired). xoxo

No comments: