Monday, March 8, 2010

82nd Academy Awards

Of course I missed the first half of the show because I have been planning to sit down and watch it for two weeks now. I couldn't really help that Aidan had a fever for hours and just wanted to be held.

I did make it in time to see the second half and I really only cared about the last four awards anyways.

Jeff Bridges won for Crazy Heart. I apparently need to see this movie. He sounded spaced out. You know in enough time to have something planned to say when you get up there.

Adam and I saw the Blind Side and loved it. I also loved that this was the first nomination for Sandra Bullock and she won!!!!! She obviously made me cry and I loved her dress. Her hubby is crazy about her.

BUT then the coolest thing ever happened...Kathryn Bigelow was the first woman to win Best Director and she beat out her ex husband. TWICE! She won best picture...THE BIGGEST AWARD OF THE NIGHT. I honestly wanted her to stop talking about firemen and just say "and James, I beat you...TWICE".

Maybe next year I'll make it for the whole show.

No comments: