Friday, March 26, 2010

Baby Cole's Nursery

Many of you already know this but my best friend, Candace is having a BABY BOY come August. Sweet Cole Phillips. (Maybe we will get lucky and he will come at 37 weeks! That's long enough to wait...don't you think?) Haha. So many of you hear me talking about the work we are doing on her nursery so I figured I would write a little post to just show you...

Lucky for me, I am always available to do fun things with Candace to get ready for the baby. Last weekend we did her registry (I tell ya, they have already come out with a ton more stuff then when I was pregnant). I made sure she registered for all the necessities and she is fully responsible for the crazy amount of baby blue onesies on there. You just get crazy when you are this excited!!!

We picked out the cutest bedding at Pottery Barn Kids. She's lucky enough to have a big sister that just had a baby boy in December so she is very helpful as well. She put the idea of Elephant's in Can's head and well I'm so glad she did because we found the world's cutest Elephant crib bedding. It looks amazing in her crib too!





We painted the nursery last weekend and it turned out so handsome. It's a nice cool, calm blue color. When I painted Aidan's nursery, I picked out the color Bibbidy Bobbidy Blue from the Disney Paint line and I loved it for the exact same reason. The color of Cole's nursery is Harbor Blue from the Pottery Barn Kids by Benjamin Moore line.



We are checking big things off of her list. I am currently most excited about this antique dresser we bought tonight to refinish to put in the nursery. We are thinking we will paint it an ivory color and make it look distressed with a walnut stain. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is 48" long!!! The drawers are huge and will look adorable when we find the perfect drawer liners. Candace is going to put her changing pad on top rather than doing a changing table. I love the idea of redoing antiques for nursery's. Next time I have a baby this is what I wanted to do so in the mean time, I'm happy I can live through Can doing it. We only paid $150 for this beauty!

We are thinking about these knobs for it.


This is her rocker... We bought it at the Pottery Barn Outlet with pink cushions on it before we knew what she was having. We couldn't pass it up it was such a great deal! Thankfully, Candace's mom is quite the seamstress so she is making a slipcover for the cushions.

We still need to decide on a rug and some wall decor. I think it's coming along so nice. Baby Cole is already loved my so many people and we are all anxiously awaiting the little man's arrival. His nursery is going to be perfect for him!

No comments: