Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Aidan's Big Boy Room

I am putting some finishing touches on Aidan's big boy room but I figured I could post some pictures of the almost finished product for your viewing pleasure.

I was so torn for the longest time what to do about a duvet cover. Most people know I am not in to theme's. Especially at this stage in his life, so I didn't want to get anything with a print on it. Candace and I were at the Pottery Barn Kids outlet two weeks ago and I found this and I am thrilled with it. It's a little but brighter in real life.






I have an orange throw on order from The Company Store for the end of his bed but it's on back order. Go figure. Turns out orange IS a popular color.





I love his slip covered bed. The minky pillow covers were designed by me, made by my mother in law. Haha. The rug is Pottery Barn Kids and was in his nursery and worked well in here as well so I left it for now.



It took me an entire week to paint these letters. I had to do a million coats of paint on each because the primer kept showing through. Adam did not know if he was going to like them until I put them up. I am quite proud of the finished product.





These Ikea shelves are on both sides of his window. They hold all of his books and little keepsakes from his childhood. You can barely see the baby shower invite from the shower thrown by Adam's mom and sister. The big blocks came from Garden Ridge and I am using them as book ends.





We are in between night stands right now. There is usually an espresso round table here with a glass top but I bought this at Home Goods the other day. I am trying to decide which to keep. This one is really growing on me. I love the orange lamp and frames with pictures of Aidan in them.
The rocking chair you can sort of see in the picture was mine when I was a baby! Crazy huh? It needs to be re stained but I haven't made it that far yet!


I am sure you all remember the dresser I distressed for him a couple of months ago. Here it is again. I am most likely going to paint the mirror chocolate brown to match the shelves.
These are just some little items on one of Aidan's shelves. I love the little frame with his name and words about little boys in it. It was made for my baby shower by a dear friend of mine (Katie B.) The sterling silver frame was a shower gift from my friend Betsy. I had it monogrammed when Aidan was born. And the little pewter race car I picked up at TJ Maxx for 2 bucks.

Aidan painting on the easel in his room.















No comments: