Monday, March 21, 2011

Dream Job

Last week sometime I asked y'all if you had any questions you wanted to ask me and so this week I'm going to answer them.  First up...Monica asked:

Hey April,
 
I love your blog and I think your family is awesome!!! I know you just started working recently and I was wondering what your dream job would be??
 
Thanks,
Monica


Thanks for the question Monica. For those of you that don't know, Monica works with me.  As a matter of fact, we share a desk.  Haha. 

But to answer the question before I had Aidan, my big dream was to be an Interior Designer.  But I lost myself in a relationship for a little while and that dream kind of fell of the map.  

Then I got a new man and happy again and I spent a little time working for a kitchen design company.   Learning a little bit about the construction side of design.  I loved it but I was still spending my Saturdays in fabric stores, furniture warehouses and flooring showrooms daydreaming about bringing fabulous rooms together.

Fast forward and I got pregnant.  A baby comes out of that equation {obviously} and suddenly being a Mom is all I want to do.  It became and still is MY DREAM JOB.  I can't speak for all mom's but I would imagine that all of us want to just stay home and raise our kids.  I spent the last 3 years and 8 months with the best thing that ever happened to me.  Everyday he got up and I helped him grow and learn and thrive and come on, who wouldn't love that?  Plus, he paid me in hugs and unconditional love. 

So there you have it Monica, my dream job is to be a Mom.  Maybe a mom that could afford my own health insurance so I could always stay home but that shizz it out of control expensive soooo here I sit in an office typing this post while a nice friend is watching my son so I can make sure if he hurts himself, he'll get the best care.  But now that I think about it, I guess that is part of the job.

No comments: