Monday, January 17, 2011

Sunday Not So Fun Day?

Sunday really did end up to be a Fun day but watching the Pats loose was kinda rough around here.  I guess it's fair the other teams get a chance to go to the Super Bowl once in while.  That Tom Brady is a hottie though isn't he?

We started our day out with breakfast at a neighborhood spot Greystone.  Adam grew up eating there with his family and up until they re modeled it recently, I refused to step foot in there.  The new owner is the grandson of the previous owner.   The restaurant is less than half a mile from our house so that's nice. 

Aidan had pancakes and bacon. That's typical for him.  So is having half his meal on his face and then wiping it on his sleeve.
 I had a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich and didn't take a picture.  Adam had a pancake, eggs, bacon, hash browns and this disgusting stuff. LIVER MUSH.  I swear if it didn't look like the two squarest pieces of pumpernickel toast, I wouldn't be able to look at it.  Gross!  He is so country.

After breakfast/lunch we headed to my parents and watched some of the Bears game and then some of the Patriots game.  We came home and I fell asleep at half time and woke up to a very grumpy husband watching our beloved Pats loose the game.  Uh oh.  We went out for
Japanese Express to take his mind off of it.

This morning when I rolled out of bed, Aidan immediately noticed I had cupcakes on my PJS {thank you Victoria Secret pink collection} and he looked up at me and said "Mommy, those is, those is, those is CUPCAKES on your shoorts."  "Is it your birfday?" 
So, we were telling Adam the story at dinner and of course that made Aidan and I want a cupcake.  To Dean and Deluca we went. 

I had a Pink Champagne Cupcake.  TO DIE FOR.  I ate half and brought the other half home. Yummo.

Aidan, surprisingly opted for the $1.95 Polar Bear cookie instead of the $6.00 cupcake. Isn't he a nice boy to Daddy's wallet?  The consumption of the cookie went like this"

Aidan: Oh noooo. I ate his ear. 
Oh noooo. I ate his nose.
Ohhhh nooooo. I ate his scarf.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooo. I ate his arms.
Mommy, I feels so bad I ate that Powa Bear.
{I would like to add, Aidan is totally used to having his food photographed and set this guy right up before he even thought about taking a bite}

Adam went with a slice of Red Velvet Heaven Cake .


We came home and snuggled while Aidan watched his 30 minutes of cartoons before he went to bed. 
It was a Sunday Funday after all.


No comments: