Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day to My Hubby & To My Daddy

I didn't post this post yesterday because I was too busy spending my day with my dad, hubs and little man. 

Adam,

I hope that I do a good job of telling you everyday how much we appreciate you and love you.  Just in case, here it is...Sometimes I am dancing around here and I stop and see you with Aidan and I wonder how it was that I got so lucky to get you.   At what point was it that I did something so right that God would put you in my life to make a family with?  I can't begin to tell you how amazing it has been to parent beside you.  You are a far better Dad than I am a Mom.  I was so nervous about bringing a baby in to the world but you assured me we would be great.  Since the day Aidan was born, you have been one hundred percent immersed in his life.  You never want to miss a thing.  People don't believe that every day since we've brought Aidan home you have been the one to get up with him in the middle of the night and every morning.   Even if I got up, he would want you anyways.  You two have a bond that is unbreakable.  I love that you want nothing more to be his best friend but you know where to draw the line so he respects you as well as loves you.   It warms my heart so much that he sits at the door and cries everyday when you leave and runs to your car every night when you pull in the driveway.    You are an incredible provider and caregiver.   You make it so easy for us to love you.  Thank you for being an irreplaceable father to our son.  I can't wait to make more babies with you.  Love you forever, April


Dad,


Happy Father's Day! There isn't a card out there special enough for a dad as wonderful as you and sometimes it's hard for me to get things out so I figured I would write you this email to let you know how much I love you and appreciate you.

I think often about all the things that you do for me and all the things you do for my little family too. You have helped us out so many times when we've needed it when you could have easily said "figure it out on your own" and "I told you so".

I hope that you can still believe in me. I have let you down a lot in the past few years. I've done everything ass backwards and I am sorry that I have done things a lot differently than you would have liked. I promise to work harder to make you proud.

I have always looked up to you, respected you and trusted and valued your opinion. Thank you for providing me with a safe, loving, comfortable life. You have taught me that if I work hard enough I can have the things I want in life. You have been a shining example of that. I hope I can be half as great of a parent as you and mom have been to me.

Thank you for being such a great grandpa to Aidan and for treating Adam like your own. You'll never know how much that means to me.

There really isn't a better man alive. Your my hero. It's an honor being your daughter. I hope that even though I don't always say it, you know that I love you so much and appreciate everything you do for me everyday.

Happy Father's Day.

Love, April


We had a really nice lazy day.  Adam was out the night before with some of his friends so Aidan and I got up early and went to my parents to celebrate with my dad.  Even though we should have been cooking for him, he wanted to make me and Hap (short for Happy, my dad's nickname for Aidan) blueberry pancakes.  They were delicious and then the two of them headed outside to play in the sprinkler.  I sat on the terrace and read design magazines and they laughed and laughed and laughed.  I can't explain the feeling of seeing my dad with my son.  Their relationship is more than I could have ever asked for. Aidan is crazy about his grandpa. 

We came home and Adam wanted to just relax.  It was his day after all!  To our surprise, Aidan actually laid on the sofa with him and watched TV for a couple hours.  Adam was in heaven.  They snuggled and laughed and chit chatted and I refreshed their drinks every now and then.  Haha.   We had take out from three different restaurants because Adam couldn't decide what he wanted.   We ate on a blanket on the living room floor.  Afterwards we climbed in our bed.   Adam said the day was perfect.  

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there! xoxoxo

No comments: