Thursday, November 3, 2011

The World's Longest Move

It felt that way anyways. And I really didn't do that much. You don't realize how much stuff you have until you have to move it in to a house three times smaller than the one you are moving out of.


{Cutest Mover}

{World's Smallest Uhaul,  Self Portrait at red light while following Uhaul with hubby in the back}

My parents and my brother Bobby spent A WEEK moving furniture an Adam spent Thursday night helping my Dad move their biggest pieces of art and two sculptures. Each piece had to be transported individually in the back of the Uhaul. Adam sat in the back of the truck to make sure the paintings didn't move in transit while my Dad drove. I think it's fair to say we are all glad that this move is over with. Until they move in to their condo in a few months. I'm hoping we will be able to convince my Dad to use a moving company next time.


{Last Pic old house}


Thursday night before I left, I walked through the house one last time and soaked up my last moments there. I snapped some pictures of the house all lit up and told Aidan stories about all the great things I loved about it. By the time Adam met me at home I was a little bit bummed out.






Leave it to my husband to cheer me up. He said the truest thing "Ape, it's not about where you are, it's about who you're with." 

And then before I knew it, the Decot's no longer lived in Dilworth.

1 comment:

Jordan Marie @ hottlt.com said...

pretty smiles.. pretty pix.. new follower from tbb!
<3xojo