Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Weekend in Boston

I spent the weekend in Boston with one of my best girlfriend Mariann this past weekend.  I had the best time I have had in FOREVER! 

She and her Fiance Mike picked me up at the airport and we stopped for Mexican on the way home.  It was so great to catch up and laugh hysterically until I was literally almost in tears.  It was also then that Mare asked me to be a bridesmaid!!! Of course I said "yes" and I couldn't be more honored that she asked me.  We have been friends for a long time and I can't think of anything I would rather do that stand next to her on her big day! She has been there for every big event in my life and now it's her turn!!!!

Saturday morning Mare's Mom, Dad and Sister in law Sarah picked us up and we headed in to the city to scope out the venue for her wedding reception that is in August.  I felt so special Mare invited me to participate in all this fun wedding stuff this weekend.  She is getting married at a gorgeous Catholic church and her reception is at the Boston Harbor Hotel. I had stayed there before with my parents but I had never seen the Wharf Room.  It. is. AMAZING.




After that, we parted ways with her dad and the girls set off to make one of the biggest decisions of Mare's life thus far.  I mean after the decision she made to marry Mike! Ha!  We went wedding dress shopping!  I had never actually been wedding dress shopping with anyone before! Obviously I had done it myself but this was so much more fun!  Mare has an amazing body so she looked gorgeous in everything!  She tried on at least ten dresses at two stores before I pulled a style she had yet so try on.  The second she came out in it, I could tell by the look on her face this was it.  I was so excited when she started smiling and said "I think this is it, I feel like a bride in this".  She had chills.  They put a veil on her and the tears just started flowing.  She hadn't felt that way about any other dress so I couldn't help crying.  She looked absolutely beautiful and I know Mike will be blown away when he sees her come down the aisle in just a few months! 

Mare's Mom was sweet enough to treat us dinner.  I thoroughly enjoyed the company and the conversation. I was sitting there thinking how much Marebear and I's lives have changed in the past ten years and how incredibly blessed I felt to be sitting across from her after all these years sharing such a momentous day in her life with her and the other woman that are most important in her life.  I know I am so lucky to have such a great friend in Mare and I can't wait for her big day!!! I especially can't wait to show you pics of the dress!!!

No comments: