Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti

Well I really do have about a million things I want to blog about tonight but instead I just want to post the link to a blog I read. This woman (Kristen) and her husband (Mark) have three children. She just ran the Disney marathon in Orlando last weekend and headed to Haiti (with her 11 month old daughter) to visit their son they are trying to adopt (this would make 4 children). I know you can see where this is going. She was there when the earthquake hit and is still there trying to find strength to keep herself together enough to find a way to get back to the Unites States. It was looking like the first flight out wasn't going to be until February. UPDATE: Last I heard (via Twitter) she and another woman had made their way to the US Embassy and were secured on a flight back to the United States tonight or first thing in the morning through the Dominican Republic. I am assuming since her adoption is not finalized she is going to have to leave her son behind. I can't imagine how she is feeling right now. So, please, please, please keep her and her family (and friends) in your prayers.

Here is the link to her blog:

http://thehowertons.blogspot.com/

No comments: