Friday, January 1, 2010

A Good Start

I started working on my calendar for the month of January and I must say I am quite pleased with myself. Mostly, it's to plan meals and for Adam to know what the heck Aidan and I are up to because he always complains he wishes he knew what we were doing from day to day. He feels a little out of the loop. Plus it helped me remember my mom's birthday this month and I have already talked to both brothers about a joint gift ( I think we're going to go with pro family photos).

I really feel like I need to have a schedule everyday. I have to admit when I was pregnant with Aidan I swore I was never going to be one of those moms on a strict schedule. I didn't want my whole life to change. I wanted us to adjust as a family in our way. Well, it really has gone pretty good just winging it. Aidan is so laid back. He has always napped twice a day around the same time and goes to bed around the same time every night. If he skipped a nap or was up an extra 30 minutes, I wasn't bent out shape about it. That's not my personality. You only live once. If my son wants to lay in bed with me at night, I'm letting it go. He's not going to want to do it forever. These days though, I just feel like maybe if I were more organized and planned a little more it would really just make life easier for me. Who doesn't want to make their life easier?? If anyone has tips on how to help feel free to let me know!!!

Just in case you were wondering what I was cooking this week, I'll list my meals here. If you have some good recipes, send them my way. If you need one of these let me know, I'll be more than happy to email it!

1/1 Friday
Filet/Sauteed Veggies over Rice

1/2 Saturday
Asian Style Pork chops

1/3 Sunday
Ham @ my mom's for the New Year

1/4 Monday
Tortellini Marinara

1/5 Tuesday
Apricot Beef Stir fry

1/6 Wednesday
Honey Glazed Chicken

1/7 Thursday
Beef Stew in the Crock pot

1/8 Friday
Lemon Shrimp with Parmesan Rice

1/9 Saturday
Pizza Tot Casserole (This sounds gross but Adam is insisting I make it)

That's as far as I've gotten. I love quick recipes with as few ingredients as possible. We aren't going to eat out as much this year and I would really like to see if we can not eat out AT ALL THIS ENTIRE MONTH. It's scary to think about.

Wish me LUCK and pray I don't burn down my kitchen.

No comments: