Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend & Biltmore Trip

It's amazing to me as I decided to sit here and write this blog, I can't even remember what I did this weekend. Oh...it's coming back to me now. Friday and Saturday I actually helped Adam do some of his yards. He even let me try out the stand on mower! That thing is crazy fast and I will never be able to use it without supervision! Ha. Dangerous.
Sunday, we spent the majority of the day re arranging furniture. Since most of you aren't "real" friends...you would not know that we have a bit of a furniture addiction around here. Before Sunday we were overloaded with Pottery Barn paraphernalia. Luckily, my parents were nice enough to let us store some things at their house for the time being. Until we decide whether to add on or just move in to a bigger house. Sunday night Bobby (my brother) came over and hung out with Aidan so that Adam and I could have a date night. Adam had been craving a steak so we headed to Sullivan's steakhouse. It was TERRIBLE. We haven't ever had a bad meal there until now. Almost everything we ordered (that the server actually remember to bring to the table) was BURNT. When our bill came, we had been over charged for 2 steaks. It was just a disaster. We were determined not to let the date night go bad because of this. We had planned to go to a 9:25 showing of "The Proposal" but when we got to the movie theatre a bus of teenagers had unloaded right before we got there and at the pace they were moving, we never would have made the movie. Luckily, we were able to catch a 9:50 show at a theatre a little bit down the road. The movie was cute. It annoyed me that it never got dark in Alaska. You will have to see the movie to understand.
Two of my great aunts are in town from California and my mom thought it would be nice to take them to see the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. The Biltmore is the largest private home in the United States. It is absolutely breathtaking. There are around 200 rooms and on the tour you get to see around 65. My mom and I have been to the Biltmore numerous times, but it never gets old and just recently they reopened 4 new rooms we had never seen so that was very exciting! We had a great lunch at the winery bistro and then headed back to Charlotte.
Adam is leaving to go out of town for work until Saturday or Sunday so I am a little depressed about that. I know I shouldn't complain, some people spend a lot more time away from their spouses than that! It is just so hard since we have had so much time together since the recent availability in his work schedule. Ha ha. I went from being used to him being here all the time, to working all the time and never seeing him, then back now to seeing him for extended amounts of time this week and now we won't see him at all until Sunday. Not exciting. Especially for Aidan. You are talking about a kid who comes out of his room every morning calling for his "Dada". It will be a little adjustment but he will be home before we know it. I wish I had some pictures to post but the only one I have is of my mom doing some goofy pose on a tree today and she would kill me.

No comments: