Monday, July 13, 2009

New Headboard in the Master Bedroom

After doing "Show Us Where You Live Friday's" hosted by Kelly's Korner, I have been motivated to do some projects around the house. We have made a list of marriage testing things to get done by the end of the summer. Some of which include taking down walls!! Haha. We have been wanting a headboard to go on our bed but didn't want to spend the money to buy the one that went with our Stratton Bed from Pottery Barn. Sooo, I asked Adam if he would help me in making our own headboard. To my surprise he agreed. I made my way to Hancock Fabric and bought my fabric, foam, and batting. Adam went to Lowe's and bought a piece of plywood, and a new electric staple gun. We met back at the house and 45 minutes later...we had this...



It turned out so well. We are really pleased with it. You can't tell from the picture but it is the same distance past the shelf on the other side and made out of an ivory velvet fabric (that was on sale 40% off at Hancock). It was so easy to make. We cut the plywood (one cut) stapled gunned the foam on to the board and then followed with the batting. Fabric went on after that. All for about $120. Much better than the $600 price tag on the headboard from Pottery Barn. The BEST part, we actually enjoyed doing it together. I am sure everyone knows how it is. Projects around the house can be relationship testing. I am guessing we breezed through this one because it was quick and easy. I also bought some really new fun lamps this weekend but I am going to wait to show you until I do a make over of the living room. Also, a current work in progress!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Can you please come up here and help me a headboard like this for my house. Pretty please!