Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Poor Aidan

UPDATE: I took Aidan to his Dr. this morning, fever is gone, just a cold virus.  Back Friday if he's not feeling any better. 


He is so sick! Out of nowhere at the beginning of last week, he started complaining of a headache which led me to believe he had a fever and he his head was throbbing because of it.  I was right!

Sometimes he will randomly get a fever, I give him some Motrin or Tylenol and it's gone.  Never to be seen again.  So I thought that might be what we were dealing with.  He got the fever, I treated it, he got up the next morning, felt great, and I sent him to camp for the day.

Midway through the day, I got a call from camp that he again had the headache and wanted to come home. I knew he had to be feeling pretty crummy because he LOVES camp.  When I got there to get him he was laying on the floor in a corner crying.  His counselors were trying to console him but he just wanted to come home.  I called our pediatrician and she didn't have any openings so advised me to wait to come in the next morning. Wasn't happening.  I took him straight to Children's Urgent Care and they diagnosed him with a virus.  No clue as to where it came from.  They gave us some Motrin and sent us on our way.

Here we are A WEEK LATER and he is still getting the fever.  It's the weirdest thing because if I alternate his Motrin and Tylenol on a perfect schedule he feels GREAT.  But if I am a few minutes off he goes from feeling like himself to pathetic in minutes time.  He does now have a cough. 

I've gone back and forth trying to decide if I should take him back to the Dr or just ride it out.  I've always kind of trusted my instincts and treated things at home.  It's almost pointless going back to the Dr. for them to tell us he still just has a virus.  There's nothing they can do for him.  It just sucks because he is now on week 2 of missing camp which is torture for him. 

I just hate to see him not feeling well.  Breaks my heart.









No comments: