Tuesday, July 31, 2012

London 2012

via



We are Olympic obsessed around here!  If we're home they are on.  If we are at my parents they are on.  If we aren't near a TV, we are talking about them.  We've been eating meals on the floor in front of the TV.  It's bad but we love it!  Aidan wants to be every athlete there is.  He has got it down to a science who the American athletes are.  He identifies them by the flag obviously.  He could tell you what lane an American swimmer was in and what country was currently on the uneven bars.   "American" or "some other country".  Ha Ha!

I cooked a huge meal for my parents and the boys Friday night so we could watch the Opening ceremonies.  I gotta tell you, with the exception of always being excited to see the athletes march in and Paul McCartney's performance and OK...maybe when the Queen "parachuted" with James Bond, I was kind of bored.  There was way to much film.  I was still so super excited for the games to begin. 

I was so disappointed when Jordan Wieber didn't make the all around for gymnastics.  I thought Aly and Gabby could have shown a little more compassion and I was feeling awful that Jordyn has to share a room with Aly.  Sometimes ya need your space and I think that night was one of them.

I could not stop crying when Missy Franklin won Gold.  She is the cutest thing.  And so soon after her qualifying race!  Go girl!

Has anyone watched weight lifting? I seriously had to cover my eyes watching those women.  It is so dangerous.  Holding twice your weight over your head?  Scary.

Adam is not thrilled with our men's gymnastics team and I don't want to loose the faith but they need to step it up.  I don't think a single one of them had a good landing off the vault! 

It really is so exciting to see anyone win a medal, American or not!  You know they have worked so hard and for it to pay off has to be the best feeling ever!

And I think hearing all the athletes stories and seeing their parents reaction are some of the best moments during these games!

I just love it all!!!! 

Hope your watching and staying off of Twitter if you don't want to hear the spoilers!

No comments: