Tuesday, August 21, 2012

29

I turned 29 on the 4th. 

I really tried to pretend like this birthday was not happening.

A few of my girlfriends wanted to go out and I made up every excuse not to.  I really was busy.

When Adam made such a big deal about being in his last year of his twenties (almost two yrs ago now) I laughed at him.

But now I kinda get it. 

I always remember being excited to turn 16, 18, 21! 25 even.  But this year was a tough one.  Next year I'll be the big 3-0!

It's hilarious to me that I didn't even want to be married before 30 let alone have any kids.  Here we are going on 5 years of marriage and pregnant with baby number 2.  So much for my "plans".  God's were bigger and better.

It's just that I think 30 will be different.  It won't feel so weird spending our Saturday mornings on the sidelines of the soccer field and I'll probably stop laughing with my girlfriends about how different we were five years ago, three years ago, last year because we've all just settled in to being in our thirties and raising our families.  And that's alright because this is what life is all about.  There really is so much fun to be had looking across the car at your husband with your kids piled safely in the back seat. 

I'm thrilled to get to grow old with my best friend and I know there are years of more kids and huge milestones in front of us but once in a while it has to be OK to just want to stay 29 forever.

No comments: