Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Easy Meatball Recipe

It's not secret I never cook. NEVER. I did but then when our house went on the market, we packed up half our kitchen and started eating out.  Well it's become a goal of mine to start.  I said I was going to cook 15 meals in July. I didn't cook one.  August is almost half way done and it hasn't been much better.  So I figured I needed to just start.  Wouldn't it be nice if the new baby never knew about the days where we ate out all the time?  I think so.

Easy recipes are definitely where I need to start. . Adam loves spaghetti so I figured for our first meal in an eternity would be spaghetti and meat balls.  So here is an easy meatball recipe for you.  We are a small family so this only makes about 8 meatballs but you could double it up for more.

1 lb. ground beef

1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese

1/4 chopped fresh parsley

1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs (I use Progresso)

2 diced garlic cloves (I'm not a huge garlic person so I go light on this)

1/4 of a yellow onion (I sauteed mine in a little butter first)

1 egg

1 Tbsp EVOO

Dash of garlic salt, salt and black pepper to taste

MIX IT ALL UP (with your hands).  ROLL IN TO BALLS.

Fry them in oil on the stove until they are golden brown.  One side at a time.  I drain my oil and add sauce and let them all simmer together for a little bit. 

The boys loved them! 

(uncooked obvi)



No comments: