Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The No Good, Very Bad, Not Fun at All, Start to our Tuesday

Oh my goodness! I have had the worst start to my day today. Let me just tell you...I got up this morning to get Aidan ready for school and realized the juice boxes I bought for his lunch, were still in my car!!! No big deal, they just wouldn't be SUPER cold, when he drank them for lunch. Adam went to the car to get them for me. Well, got Aidan's lunch packed, got him dressed, surprisingly we were right on time to be leaving for school. Just ONE problem. My car keys were no where in sight. Light bulb goes on and I call Adam. He is already at work 30 MINUTES away...with my car keys in his pocket (from getting the juice boxes for me). Luckily, my mom has my spare key so she runs over to drop it off. We may be a few minutes late for school but we are going to make it. We are driving for about 2 minutes and I am feeling pretty cute in my white top and pink scarf and I look down to realize my pants (long black gauchos) are on inside out!!! GRRRRREAT! So quickly, I slide them off and turn them right side in at the next red light. The light turns green and it has just BARELY started to rain. I accelerate slowly and the next thing I know, Aidan and I are in a full hydroplane across the median and we are now across both lanes of traffic. I am freaking out. All the nice people in traffic behind us, start to HONK at me! Can you believe that? How rude!! Luckily, I was able to move my car out of the way and only suffered a flat tire. As expected, I started to cry. I don't know if it was because I was nervous or because Aidan was not going to be making it to school today and I had to be to work in 30 minutes with no one to care for my child. Sweet Aidan kept saying "You OK Mama, you OK?". I think he was worried about me. I am just glad we were OK. I made it to work and my mom picked up Aidan. I am finally starting to feel a little bit better but sheesh...what a morning!!! I hope you all had a better start to your Tuesday than me!!!

No comments: