Friday, September 21, 2012

Smelly McSmellerson

This pregnancy (if I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times) is so different from Aidan's.  I swear besides the fact that I had a moving growing belly last round, I had ZERO pregnancy symptoms/issues/whatever.   This pregnancy whole. different. ball game.  Thus smashing the rumor that extremely different pregnancies result in different sexes.  Hello, two boys.

I gotta tell you, when I was pregnant with Aidan, I really and truly thought so many people were making up all these "symptoms".  Not all of them, but most of them. I was all "mind over matter" people.   It's in your head.  I am sorry and I take it all back.  Enter my HUGE problem with smells right now.  Things that smell:

I would swear Diet Coke smells different.  I am not a coffee drinker so DC is my go to. Except it smells.  Like what?  Aspartame.  I have no factual information to lead me to believe this is actually what I am smelling at all but I have convinced my crazy pregnant brain that the Diet Coke smells like something I should not be drinking.  We broke up. 

Our cars.  Adam literally has had to have them cleaned bi weekly because I swear something has crawled in to the engine and died. I mean that's obviously what happened because I have searched the interiors high and low and nothing! I don't know what the stats are on the likelihood of animals crawling in to your engine and dying are but it's happening to us a lot so they must be high.

I cringe even writing this BUT Adam's deodorant/body wash/something combo is killing me.  I know what your thinking...buy him something else.  I have! So much so that Aidan is now using Axe body wash so it doesn't go to waste.  I don't have the heart to tell him.  What do I say "hey honey, while I'm waddling around here complaining about every ailment under the sun and you are reassuring me I'm beautiful, I wanted to tell you when I smell you it makes me a special kind of nauseous." NO! Not going to happen.

And not everything smells bad.  I am obsessing over washing everything in our house because I love the clean laundry smell.  I have just about cleaned the finish off of our wood surfaces because I go crazy for the almond scent of my wood cleaner.  I would argue that apple juice on ice in a wine glass is the best thing I've smelt after a long day.  The lists just get weirder and weirder!

This heightened sense of smell is just out of control!

No comments: