Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

I hope every single one of you had a great Mother's Day! I heard my Dad say something this weekend and it really stuck with me.  "Everyone is a mother to something."  Whether you are a mom to a cat, a plant, a small soccer team or the heavy spot in your heart waiting for a child, we are all moms and we all deserve to be celebrated.

We had such a fun weekend here in sunny North Carolina.  I took the day off on Friday to attend Muffins for Moms at Aidan's school.  His teachers put together a great little muffin breakfast and craft for us to make and Aidan could have cared less if I was there. He was in his own little world at school.  I am still glad I got to go. 

My Dad's friend's from high school flew in from Massachusetts on Thursday night for a long weekend and I have to be honest, I don't know that I have ever laughed so hard in my life as I did this weekend.  The weekend included Carolina BBQ, tours of our great city, the "van", a Roller Derby double header, big home cooked Italian meal {Thanks Barb} and the consumption of some of the weirdest alchoholic concoctions. 

Adam and I spent the majority of the weekend in pain from laughter.  The stories told by Paul, Steve, Jim, Barbara, Denise, Marianne, Connie and my Dad are ones we will be telling for years to come.   We both were actually complaining that our abs and cheeks were sore this morning. 

As for my Mother's Day, we spent the morning with my Mom {the one, the only, the GREAT DEB DEKS} and saying farewell to our Northern friends.  I thoroughly enjoyed a Mimosa and Reduced Fat Blueberry muffin in the sunshine. We spent the afternoon laying around watching movies and then the early evening re planting our flower boxes and getting my new topiary's in to their planters.  We ordered take out from Sullivan's and had a picnic on the living room floor.  Now, I'm typing this blog out while my hubby gives me a foot massage {he really is the best} and debating whether or not to eat the slice of cheesecake I bought for dessert.

We still have tons of stuff going on around here I am looking forward to showing you.  New windows, living room progress, the finish touches of the laundry room projects, a hallway painting project and I'm working on having all my ducks in a row so I can take you all on a little finished house tour.  If anyone else wants to participate, I would love to do a link up.  I love to look at other's people homes and get some great ideas!

Thanks for checking in!  xoxox

No comments: