Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oh no she didn't

Some of you may or may not have heard about crazy person supermodel Gisele Bundchen's comment on breastfeeding that has caused a bit of an uproar amongst mother's everywhere.  Myself included. Just in case you missed it ...

"Some people here (in the US) think they don’t have to breastfeed, and I think “Are you going to give chemical food to your child when they are so little?” I think there should be a worldwide law, in my opinion, that mothers should breastfeed their babies for six months."

 The new love of my life Bethenny Frankel says:
"It's the most absurd thing I've ever heard" "Breastfeeding is one of the most rewarding experiences, but it isn't for everyone."

I couldn't agree with her more.

Here's the deal. HEEEELLLLLOOO in a dream world we would all breastfeed for at least 6 months but guess what? That's not always possible. There are a million and a half reasons why women can't breastfeed or stop breastfeeding before the 6 month mark. I honestly never thought breastfeeding would be as hard and as tiring as it was.  Personally, I stopped at 3 months because my milk supply was low and my OB put me on hormones that made me feel like I was going to kill myself. Kill myself or quit the breastfeeding, find the best formula out there and try to be the best mom I can? Um, I'm going with the chemical food. Believe me I cried about it for a week and when Aidan does weird sh*t I think it my head "It's because I didn't breastfeed long enough." 

She should just reconsider other people's feelings before she spits these comments out.   The last thing she wants to do is mess with a million moms that all want the best for their babies.

No comments: