Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sicky McSickerson

Aidan has been sick for over a week now. He had been out of school the week of Thanksgiving and just as he was about to head back last Tuesday, he woke up with a terrible cold. I could have sworn I heard him coughing pretty bad in the middle of the night but I wake up thinking I hear so many things. At least 3 nights a week I think someone is trying to break in to our house. That's a whole other post.

So anyways, I figured it was just a cold but after a high fever and sleeping on my chest for two whole nights, we took him to the Dr.. Don't you just love it when you go to the Dr. and you have something they can't cure. Yup! Just a cold, he'll have to ride it out. GRRRREAT. So out came the humidifier, the Tylenol, Benadryl & Motrin. Don't worry I am not trying to drug overdose my child, we alternate (Dr's orders). Today marks an entire week and a half with a cold. That's a lot of work for a family with a two year old. The poor guy has now learned how to carry around his own box of tissues and how to cover his mouth when he coughs. I am ready for him to feel better. Not so I can have my life back (we have been cooped up for a week) but because it is so hard to watch the little guy suffer when he doesn't really understand what's wrong with him.

He has managed to get a little bit of his personality back this week.

Getting a breathing treatment. He loves his Dinosaur mask on his nebulizer.


No comments: