Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Party on the Blog

I copied this from a blog I read (http://leigh-onedayatatime.blogspot.com/ )
I thought it was really cute. It's a blog Christmas Party. Sort of! Copy the questions and put them on your blog. It's fun to read about everyone else. If you want to add some questions go for it!


Pull up a chair, grab a glass of wine(or a Diet Coke), find your favorite party dress and let's chat.

How was your year?
My year was good. I learned a lot about myself and about Adam. I found out that God has a plan and I don't have a say in it. So, we're going with the flow and taking it one day at a time.

What's your favorite part of the Christmas Season? Honestly, I love Simpson's Christmas Tree lot on King's Drive. We have been getting our trees there since we moved to Dilworth forever ago. Now, I get to take my own family and pick out our tree every year. I love Christmas music and the fact that the holiday brings people together.

What verse spoke to you most this year? Just recently I have posted this in a couple of places.
A blog friend sent it to me and it really hit home for us this year. Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

What's your favorite Christmas song? Hands down Jingle Bell Rock and then a close second is Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas (is you)". My mom and I love to listen to the Mariah Carey Christmas album while we decorate her tree every year and it is really fun to sing that to the hubby when it comes on.

What is one of your favorite childhood Christmas memories?
My Christmas's are so jumbled together these days. I do remember how nice it used to be to have our whole family together in one place at Christmas. When my grandparents were still alive. Those were the best Christmas's. I look forward to that with my family and my brother's future families.


I really do wish I could have you all over and we could just sit around at chat and laugh for hours. Merry Christmas Friends...can't wait for you to join the party. And if you are new around here and have been a bit shy to introduce yourself then do it now, what's a better way to get to know someone than at a Christmas party?

1 comment:

Kate G. said...

I don't know how you answered those all so concisely! Your blog's always fun to read. Glad to know things are on the up and up!

Don't you just love Christmas...