Sunday, December 13, 2009

Julie & Julia

Adam and I watched Julie & Julia last night. It was really cute. I could tell because Adam was asleep 30 minutes in. Haha. Jk. It was 1o minutes. Anyways, I think watching a moving about cooking gave me a little inspiration tonight. I decided I was going to make Rice Krispie Treats for Aidan and I MODIFIED the recipe. Ready for it...

Half a stick of butter
One bag of Marshmallows (The Big Ones)
and (here is the modification) 6 cups of Rice Krispies (not the usual 8).

Microwave butter for 30 seconds.
Add Marshmallows
Microwave again for 45 seconds
Stir until smooth
Add Rice Krispies
Pour into 9x13 pan lined with tin foil and greased
Let them cool (DO NOT put them in the fridge this will make them tooo crunchy)

GENIUS!! Ok, so yes, I understand this would mean that you would actually get LESS Rice Krispie treats BUT they will be more Marshmallowy (That is a word in my head).

Are you thinking what I am thinking? A cookbook in the making. Abra ca duh!

1 comment:

Kate G. said...

Gosh, you're so innovative!! :)