Thursday, January 31, 2013

7 WEEKS OLD!

Kellan, 7 weeks! Really? The time is flying by.  Do I say that every time I do one of these?

You turned 7 weeks old on 1/30/12.  Nana's 60th Birthday! I'm sorry to say bud but we were kind of busy celebrating her so this post is a few days late! 

Not much has changed with you.  You are a about 10lbs 2oz.  That's not a huge weight gain in two weeks but you are eating a ton so we aren't worried about you right now.  I love that you are still so tiny (for your age)!



We made the decision with our pediatrician to let you sleep with us a little bit longer.  You weren't crying a ton in your crib but with the little GI issues you are having, the little bit of extra attention and snuggling through the night can only help you.  Plus apparently she's not a fan of letting anyone "cry it out" before 12 weeks old.  That's all I needed to hear!



You were having a fussy time every night for a few hours but as you have grown, that has subsided for the time being.  Everyone comments on how much happier you seem. 



I don't know how it happened but you are totally a Mama's boy.   You want me to hold you all the time.  ALL. THE. TIME.  I'm trying to let you sit in your swing longer or let other people hold you once in a while but sadly most of the time, you just cry until I pick you up or they give you back.  That will get better.




Your brother wants to hold you all the time.  Every morning the first thing he does is come get in our bed and steal you from one of us.  Some mornings you go right back to sleep on his chest while he watches cartoons and some mornings you are wide eyed and seem so interested in everything that he says to you. I can tell you are going to be best buds. 



You are holding your head up so well.  Tummy time right now pretty much goes like this: I put you on my chest and you lift up your head to watch me talk to you.  It's the highlight of my day.

Your bath time is getting better.  If I could have someone pour water over you the entire time I was bathing you, you would most likely fall asleep.  That's not going to be a possibility every bath time but we're trying!

 

It's amazing to me how go, go, go our lives were literally up until the day you came.  The change of pace has been different for us but just today I was laying on the nursery floor with you, Aidan was a few feet away playing with some of his toys and I thought to myself  "I can't imagine anything else I would rather be doing right now".   I am enjoying every moment of our new normal with you.  There aren't words to explain how much I love you baby boy. 



No comments: