Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Great Wolf

Aidan is on Spring Break this week and although I've been feeling a little under the weather...thx allergies...I've been determined to make this week fun for him!
We started the week off with a trip to The Great Wolf Lodge.
I don't know if I should be writing about this so soon after it happened because inevitably the bitterness about it is going to show through!
At $409 a night for the middle of the road room, (they upgraded us for free to premium for who knows what reason but I'm not complaining) the customer service at this place was horrible. When catering to families, they should try to hire employees that like children. And as far as I could tell, that wasn't what has happened here.
The water park was at best a slightly jacked up version of our local YMCA water park.
I will say the entire property is impeccable and clean but hardly worth the money.
Adam and I were determined not to let the downfalls of the "resort" ruin out weekend with Aidan so we made the best of it and had a fantastic time watching the kid show us how he swims under water and racing down the dueling water slides with Adam.
We did what we set out to do and that was surprise the kid with a staycation totally geared towards him!

No comments: