Saturday, April 28, 2012

Our Owl

Since we have been in this house (6 yrs this June!) we have had an owl that lives in our tree. He has girlfriends that come over from time to time. They keep us up at night with all their hoo hoo hooing. It has been probably a year since he's come down close to the house but Aidan and I got home from running errands the other day and he was in our crape myrtle tree. Like 5 feet from the front door. And he's huge. I've been comparing him to the size of my lamps.
You can hardly see him if you look at these pictures. But he's there. Once I got close, he flew up to a higher tree and stared back at me for a bit. He is gorgeous.
Adams been joking he came down to introduce himself to my new owl garden flag. Riiiiight.

3 comments:

Samantha {Moody Mama} said...

I couldn't find him in the first pic (I'm reading from my kindle) but def see in the second! That is too neat that he's hanging out so close by. Sorry he keeps y'all up though!

Adam, April & Aidan said...

He is so hard to see in the first pic. I know this sounds silly but I can see him better when it's dark and I'm looking at the pic. Sometimes we lay in bed and crack up at that guy. He is soooo loud!

Adam, April & Aidan said...

PS. He's sitting on the branch that is right in the middle of the tree before the leaves start!