Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I hope everyone had a marvelous Memorial Day Weekend. How lucky are we that we have men and women that do such a good job serving our country so that we can enjoy the freedoms of backyard BBQ's and pool days??

We spent our ENTIRE three day weekend by the pool at my parents rental house.  They move in to their condo Thursday (woop woop!!! Can't wait to show it to you all!) so our days are numbered at the private backyard oasis we have come to love. 

Friday afternoon we got a really special treat and my girlfriend Amanda had a half day so she met us at home and we spent some time laying out and I got to take her to show her the rents new place.

Saturday morning we were at it again and even brought Scout along and we forced him to swim.  He's quite the little dog paddler.  We were there from sun up to sun down and then attempted to take Aidan to Speed Street but it was such. a. bust.  Not nearly as nice as it was when I was younger.  What happened Charlotte?? 

Sunday we had a repeat and my parents had chilled out on their packing enough to spend the day poolside with us!  It was lovely.  We always enjoy our time with them.  My Dad and Adam keep each other laughing, my Mom and I chat until we can't anymore and between the four of us, Aidan stays entertained.  We grilled hot dogs and hamburgers and they were delish!

Aidan had a sleepover with Nana and Grandpa and Adam and I got CRAZY!  As in came home, put on our jammies, ordered PIZZA HUT! (dinner #2) and fell asleep by 11:30.  Don't be jealous party people.

Monday we repeated our poolside routine and had fried chicken for dinner. If that's not a holiday weekend, I don't know what is! Adam needed the break and I'm always game to lounge around a pool.  Especially when my parents join in on the fun. They are basically my BFFs.   Whether they like it or not.

As usual no pics of me because I am the only one that takes any!  And they are all iPhone pics.  Sorry that I'm not sorry for that.


(L to R) Adam Harvey, Scout Harvey, Snake Eyes Harvey

Since we have been swimming at this pool we have removed 4 snakes, 2 mice, a mole and a chipmunk.  So every time Aidan goes near the filters I'm terrified something will be awaiting us.  He was retrieving his ball and I was standing at a distance. Luckily the coast was clear.




My favorite three boys in the world! Aid, My Dad and the Hubs.




Mr. Harvey enjoying his time off.   





Monday night we were pooped so we watched Kung Fu Panda 2. 


So excited it's already Weds!!!
xoxo


No comments: