Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Little Organization Tip

How many of you spend more time than necessary rummaging through your Tupperware drawer trying to match tops with bottoms and vice versa?  Well around here it's an on going struggle to find pieces that fit each other so that we can save leftovers, store cookies, send meals home with friends etc.   One night last week a light bulb went off in my head.  And by light bulb I mean, I probably saw this somewhere and filed it away in my brain but I'll try to take credit for it.

This is all I did...I took out all of my Tupperware, Rubbermaid, Glad ware...{you get the point} and took about 10 minutes to match everything up and then throw away what no longer even had a mate.  Then I took a Sharpie and labeled each top with a number that matches the number I also wrote on the bottoms.  Get it?  So if you reach in the drawer and pull out a top with a "6" on it, all you have to do is find a "6" bottom and TaDa! that makes our lives a little bit easier and takes a lot of frustration out of storing things around here.

Some of the million pieces of Tupperware I had that I could never use because they didn't have a mate. 
Sorry for the fuzzy picture but here is all our pieces labeled with "6".

And these are the tops that match.

Again.

I typically by the packs of Glad ware at the grocery store so we have a few of the same pieces. 

All the tops I didn't have bottoms for.  They were just taking up space.

My newly organized drawer!  Adam was so thrilled.  I was thinking I needed to add some things to my collection! Haha!

 There are few things that make me happier than a little organization.  Another one of those great things I got from my Mom!   





If you have a sec would you do me the favor by following this blog if you aren't already? I love to see who is stopping by to check us out and it helps me find great new blogs to read and support as well!!! Just find the "Follow" button in the right side bar and it's that easy!  Thanks so much!

No comments: