Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Reality of Valentine's Day Around Here

I haven't ever really been a fan of Valentine's Day, because I have been the single girl before and honestly, it's not fun. Since I have been married to Adam though, he shows a lot of his love through buying me things. He isn't trying to buy my love (he has it no matter what) he just does better giving me gifts than he does just straight up telling me how much he loves me sometimes. Needless to say, we have had some pretty extravagant Valentine's the past few years. This year hasn't been as crazy and it did start off a little different.

Today, I woke up fighting with my Valentine. When he was leaving to get coffee this morning, I didn't even kiss him goodbye. I was just in a bad mood. I kept saying to myself over and over in my head, "You should be in a good mood because it's Valentine's Day" but really do I have to? I love my hubby everyday and we are going to be together FOREVER, I highly doubt every Valentine's Day is going to be perfect.

I was still grumpy when he came home with 2 dozen long stem roses that were gorgeous. Amanda picked me up and we headed to the mall for a couple hours of Aidan free shopping (which did us no good because he didn't get the big dressing rooms without him) and I was starting to come around by the time we got home.

Adam and I had agreed we weren't going to exchange anything this year so Aidan surprised me with the wine tower I have been wanting from Crate & Barrel and they both had super sweet cards for me and we just got home from dinner at Sullivan's.

It was a great day but honestly, I am so lucky to have a hubby who really is this good to me everyday. I know all of you have someone in your life that loves you today, they may not have been there to bring your flowers and take you to dinner, but everyone is loved and that's what the day is supposed to be all about. So happy Valentine's Day. I LOVE You all for reading my blog everyday!!! xoxoxoxo

No comments: