Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St. Patty's Day

It is amazing to me how much each and every holiday becomes such a source of excitement when you have small children.  Since becoming a Mom I try so hard to do it up for every one of them.  So naturally when St. Patrick's day rolled around, I knew Aidan would have some fun activities at school but I wanted to make it a fun day for him here at home as well.  One of Adam's busiest days at the restaurant is St. Patrick's Day because of the bar crawl so I was planning to be on my own for the day but my Mom surprised me and joined us! 

I dug out something green for us all to wear and we booked it uptown for the parade.  It was so hot but worth standing in the heat to see Aidan enjoy himself so much and get Kellan out in the fresh air!


Kellan and Mommy selfie.  He is looking right at himself on the phone. 

 
Nana and Kellan.  She ended up in a tank top and he ended up in a onesie. I can't wait until everyday is just a onesie day.

 
There was a vendor walking around and I stopped him to buy Aidan some necklaces and saw these and had to have them for the baby.  We got some good laughs out of them. 

 
My sweet boy.  Sporting the exact same hat his Daddy wears everyday.  

 
If you know Aidan, you know he is OBSESSED with Star Wars.  Storm Troopers specifically.  This was probably the best moment of his little life. And I caught it! 

 
Sleepy baby boy.
 
After the parade we made a stop at the restaurant so Aidan could tell Adam about the Storm Trooper and we could grab some drinks.  He loves to visit Daddy at work. It was slammed but everyone thought Kellan was such doll with his little horns and Aidan loved to show him off.  
 
We went back to Nana and Grandpa's for some treats and when Adam got home we went out for Japanese.  Everywhere we went Aidan wished people a Happy St. Patrick's Day and he loved wearing his green.  Throughout the day he acquired about a dozen necklaces, tons of clover stickers, green beverages and several pieces of gold (chocolate).  We didn't have the heart to tell him the real day wasn't until Sunday and let him celebrate until his little body collapsed on his bed close to 10PM Saturday night.  It was a successful holiday in this house!

1 comment:

sara {rhapsody and chaos} said...

Oh those green little horns are so cute :) And I love that Star Wars pic! Wasn't it great to get to capture such an exciting moment??