Thursday, July 14, 2011

Letters To Aidan

Baby Boy,

{First. You're four. I don't care what age you are. You will always be my baby boy. I didn't get that until I had you. Now I take back every eye roll I gave to moms calling their sons their baby boys.  Here's looking at you Kathy (my MIL). }

Right now your too young to understand and you probably will never remember this time in your life but that's what this blog is for.  I wanted you to know that I miss you so much during the day. I miss you from the second I open my eyes in the morning and know I have to leave you asleep to go to work until the moment I walk through the front door while you run towards me with open arms.  "Hold me Mommy!"

I miss our breakfasts in bed. I miss our trips to the park. I miss our lunches with Nana.  I miss our lazy afternoons on the sofa.  I even miss our fights. 

I know you don't get it now but all this hard work Daddy and I do is all for you little man.  It's so our lives together will be colorful and adventurous .  It's so we can take you places and show you amazing things.  It's so you can always have everything you want. 

Right now when we head off to work, it seems like the days can't end fast enough.  We count down the minutes until we can get home to you and squeeze you for hours on end.   And we both miss you every minute we are not with you.  

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Sarah B. said...

Awww, what a sweet post! He's lucky to have you as parents :)