Monday, May 27, 2013

Last Days of TK



 
 
 Last week was Aidan's last week of Preschool EVER!  I knew the time was going to come eventually but the school year really did seem to fly by!  As excited as I am for him to go on to Kindergarten, make new friends and learn all sorts of new things, I got so used to our routine the past four years.  I fell in love with the staff and all of his teachers at his school and I am so sad to not get to see them everyday. I'm holding on to the fact that Kellan will be in the program in a year and a half. Haha!
 
They do such a cute job with the Graduation ceremony.  They sang a few songs and each child received a diploma.  Their little caps and gowns are just adorable.
 
 
 
Even though we went through the exact ceremony last year, this year it was ten times more emotional because I know Aidan will not be back.  For the longest time he was dreading Kindergarten but last week I took him for a ride by his new school and pointed out how close he was going to be to Nana and Grandpa's house and now that he can "put a place with a name"?? he seems much less nervous about the big change. 
 
 Kellan was an angel.  We got there a few minutes early to get a front row seat and Adam walked him around until he fell asleep.  He slept through the whole ceremony with the exception of the last ten minutes.  I fed him a bottle and he didn't make a peep. 
 

Aidan of course wanted his picture taken with his baby brother.  He is crazy about Kellan. 
 
We gave Aidan a sweet card packed full of Kindergarten encouragement that he can't really even comprehend yet and a balloon and he thought it was the greatest day!
 
We truly are so proud of him!  We can't wait to see the success that awaits him in elementary school.

No comments: