Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Rut

I know I have been absent from the blog recently.  As usual we have a ton of stuff on our plate around here. No one is complaining (we are counting our blessings) but it doesn't leave much time for blogging.  And truth be told, I've been in a rut recently. 

Adam is working 85-90 hours a week and we never see eachother. Aidan and I spend a lot of time by ourselves.  While I know it's not something that will last forever, right now it feels really awful. I (we) miss having him around.  It's like being a single parent.  Plus we have all the other things going on that I am pretty much responsible for all by myself.  The last thing I want to do is bother him when he comes in the door close to midnight every night with more stuff he needs to do.  There's a lot of pressure being the sole person making such serious decisions about our future!  We're grateful for his job and the opportunities it provides for us but I still get to miss having my best friend around more.

Then there's my side kick. The kid has been in rare form for the past couple of weeks.  I was on the phone with my best friend Candace earlier today and I felt badly for venting. She just had her second son Mason and her little boy Cole is 18 months old. Talk about having your hands full!!!   And I'm freaking out because Aidan threw at tantrum about not getting a bag of potato chips right before dinner time??  Luckily she's more than happy to listen, can relate and we are able to have a good laugh when the bad days are over.  Thank God for best friends. Right?  And little boys.  Even on the bad days...I love the heck out of that Aidan.

Oh and Scout has learned a new trick.  He can break out of the fence in the backyard.  Anywhere, any way.  We could build a 10 foot wall with a moat around it and he would still be down the street with the neighbors.  The only way to get him to come back is to offer him a treat and quite honestly the last thing I think he deserves is a treat when he has just made me run all of God's earth in my bathrobe because he couldn't just have a morning pee and come back inside. 

My life in a nutshell. Glamorous isn't it?  I know that these things will pass and I will always make it through to the other side. Sometimes is just sucks being in a rut.

1 comment:

http://mylittlehappies.blogspot.com said...

Hi! I just stumbled onto your blog by way of Casey Leigh. I can absolutely relate to how you are feeling and I'm sure its probably worse (or feel worse!) than what your words express. I've just come out of a few weeks that had me feeling as if I'm not cut out to be a mom, the kids are much better behaved for the sitter and my hubs and I were not getting along. The good news is, "this too shall pass." :) I firmly believe we wouldn't have the rainbows if we didn't experience the rain. I believe sunshine is just around the corner for you. :) Great post and its nice to know someone else is going through something similar! Please stop by my blog if you have a chance, I'd love to have you. (I wrote about feeling similarly to how you are feeling this week!) http://mylittlehappies.blogspot.com/2012/02/22-months-marbles-to-spare.html
Brooke