Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Father's Day Recap


We had a really, really nice Father's Day weekend.  Saturday we were invited to a BBQ at the home of one of Adam's friends from high school to celebrate.  There were around 40 people at the BBQ! Adam had a great time hanging with the guys and Aidan thoroughly enjoyed all the kids.  I didn't know Adam back then but luckily his friends are never short on great stories for me about his "good ole days."  We had some really good laughs.  

Sunday we headed over to my parents bright and early for a day at the pool.  We all got some time to relax and my parents are always wonderful company.  Aidan was thrilled to have some time with Adam in the pool.  My brother Jordan even surprised us and came up from Clemson for the night! 

I am really lucky to have such a wonderful man for a father.  He's always supported me and loved me unconditionally.  He really has taken Adam in as his own and from the day Aidan was born has been the world's greatest grandfather.  Never to busy to take time out for the kid. 

And I have to of course brag on my man.  He didn't have the loving relationship with his Dad I have with my Dad.  But somehow he's effortlessly managed to be the most loving father I could have ever asked for my children.  He's such a good Dad.  Sometimes I look at he and Aidan together and the depth of their relationship boggles my mind.  His desire to have such an amazing relationship with his son is incredibly admirable.  We hit the Daddy jackpot with Adam.   Seeing him with Aidan makes me fall in love with him over and over.





 This is a game Aidan plays where he piles all the patio cushions on Grandpa and then someone else has to put them back.

 

Hope all you Dad's had a great day!!
 

No comments: