Friday, July 8, 2011

Laundry Room Bench Cushion-DIY

Remember when I used that Ikea book shelf to make a bench in my laundry room?  Well we've made some more progress on our little make over out there.  We still need blinds and the rug I bought I ended up moving in to the kitchen.   BUT! We got the counter top put in and I made a cushion for the bench.

It's been literally months since I did this project and I have been meaning to post it but never got around to it.  This has to have been the easiest bench cushion project known to man.  I was a bad blogger and didn't take pictures of the process.  It might have taken me 30 minutes to do the entire thing. 

Here's a list of what you need:
-1/4" piece of plywood cut to the size of your bench.
-Fabric of your choice in appropriate yardage.  
-Staple Gun
-Replacement cushions. I bought these at my local fabric store. They were replacement cushions for outdoor furniture.  I bought 4 and lined them up. 

And here's what I did. 
-I laid the cushions in a row on the piece of plywood. 
-Took my fabric, lined the pattern up the way I wanted it to look on top.
-Flipped it over, folded the edges like I would when wrapping a present and stapled to my little heart's content. 

It really was that easy.  Everyone can do this project!

Here is the finished result!


Fabric Close Up


Just a simple change but it really has made all the difference in the world sitting out there.  I added some baskets to conceal all of our shoes. I couldn't stand looking at them!





Linking up with DIY Showoff!  You can also link directly through her button in my sidebar!

No comments: