We are celebrating his birthday by having a big bash at Bank of American Stadium. Home of the Carolina Panthers.
Adam and I sat down and thought out loud about our 7 Favorite Things We Love About Aidan...
(In no particular order)
1. He's laid back. Go with the flow is a good mantra for him. He can and will do whatever.
2. He wants to be everything when he grows up. And he reminds me daily there is nothing I can do about it.
3. He's incredibly artistic. He has dozens of journals, notebooks, index cards that he draws on daily. He draws pictures for everyone.
(This is a drawing of me from Mother's Day)
4. He's crazy about his baby brother. We do not force Aidan and Kellan's relationship at all. Even at 5.5 years apart they play together and get along far better than we could have even hoped. He's very vocal about how happy he is he has a brother.
5. He's comfortable in his own skin. Aidan is what he is and he never apologizes for it.
6. He's a lover. He responds well to hugs and kisses and lots of snuggles from anyone. But especially his parents and brother and my parents. You can find him curled up in his Daddy's arms most days and he loves to climb up on the sofa with his Grandpa and watch movie trailers on the iPad.
7. He gets attached. Aidan unconditionally loves everything. Even our sectional sofa that we sold on Craigslist. He balled like a baby when the buyers came to get it.
There are so many more things we love about our first born. He made us parents. He brought us closer. He's brought so much joy in to our lives it's immeasurable. We are grateful for Aidan every day.
Happy Almost 7th Birthday Baby!